Thursday, February 02, 2006

small victory

Mom has been in the hospital since Monday. What's worse is she hasn't eaten or had liquid since Monday..Four days. I have never gone four day without food...Neither had she. It's for the best. The doctors are trying to clear up a problem in her intestine and cannot operate till her white blood cell count goes down. She is stuck in bed with I.V. fluids and antibiotics flowing into her arm. She can get up every now and then and walk the halls of the sixth floor while pushing her hanging bags of I.V. nourishment..She is very bored and just wants out.
I called tonight to check out the latest news on surgery, moved back a day to Saturday - not tomorrow. Bummer..."They gave me Ginger Ale!" she happily exclaimed! That made her night and mine.

No comments: