Friday, June 09, 2006

Muddy weekend coming

It's been raining all week! Lots of relaxing, not alot of biking. Got back on my racing hardtail Thursday after I gave it a good wash and was surprised everything worked, fork, gears, brakes, drivetrain. Hell, there was so much Ohio mud stuck on it I couldn't tell what color it was. Just need to lube the shift cables and it'll be ready to slog through s'more mud at the N.S. Classic happening 3 miles from our house! Nice, don't have to drive 10 hours to race this weekend! Brad is spinning down from NH and a bunch of crankers are due to attend what is going to be an epic mud fest.

Somewhere on Grannygear.com you can find real-time reporting of results of 24 hours of big bear.

I'll be watching (if I can find the link) and rooting for Kerry Combs' women's expert team - representing Shenandoah Mountain Touring and Buck aka Brian Keich and his buddy Mike Carpenter's (Tour da Burg "director") duo team. Go I.F. !!

Anybody need a new bike? There's no doubt that some young Canadian downhiller is drooling over the opportunity to grab this bike for cheap $$. I love ebay!

7 comments:

Jason said...

Is that your DH bike?? On second thought don't tell me. I don't want to know.

Good luck.

Jase

Andy, R&D said...

that's my new xc bike! no, it's my friends bike that I'm selling on ebay.

Jason said...

Man tha thing must go about 40 lbs.!+

Andy, R&D said...

yeah, it's about 45 lbs but very fun when pointed down hill!

rick is! said...

hey andy, that wasn't me that you saw at the ns classic. I haven't raced outside of maine yet this year. I'm not sure who it would've been since there aren't any other ricks on the team that I'am aware of. Maybe the person was in such oxygen debt that "yup" was all that they could squeak out. I do hope to make it to mount snow to race the single speed class this sunday so I will make it out of Maine afterall.

rick is! said...

It might have been this guy. His name is Tom but I know that he was racing expert at the north shore classic this weekend.

http://tizzom.com/blog/

Andy, R&D said...

well, good luck at mt. Snow...and you were right about the oxygen depletion.