Friday, December 08, 2006

planets not alligned

Some things are meant to be...the sub trip was not. A bit let down but got some extra dives in today as a result of the cancellation.
Last night I ran into Karl (Idabel Owner/operator) at the Cannibal Cafe and asked if everything was all set for our dive into the deep. Nope...broken motor on the sub!! Karl was going to scramble to repair but couldn't guaranty the voyage. The trip was doomed hours before when my sub buddy (Al) got a touch of Montazuma's revenge...I told him not to eat the unpasteurized cheese!
The combination of events told me that this trip was not looking good. Lesli would have gone but a little voice in my head said to just go scuba diving again today.
Going to meet some friends for a couple rum drinks now. Be home tomorrow.

1 comment:

wraith said...

SOUNDS LIKE I ALMOST INHERITED THE WILLIES... I THINK I WOULD HAVE PASSED ON THE TRIP EVEN IF HE WAS ABLE TO BUBBLE GUM THE THING BACK TO LIFE.