Monday, January 22, 2007

epic exhaustion

Exuding satisfaction is a fine way to describe this past weekend's ride. Displaying a mile -wide smile as i exited the technical and rocky terrain of B+T's yesterday and proceeded to collapse out'a sheer exhaustion. The good'ol legs haven't pumped for 5 hours in quite some time. I was a dope to bring only 40 ounces of H20 and ZERO calories in the way of bars or goo. Bonked?.. no not really... Just exhausted. I literally fell off my bike on the final climb of the day. Too tired to step off the pedals after climbing 2/3 of the way up the frozen hill and knowing I was clad in plastic with all the protection of the many pads along with a full faced helmet. I simply rolled to my right and let gravity pull me to the ground when I ran out of go-go juice on the steep climb.
It was a special day of riding from many aspects. It was the first, of what will undoubtedly be numerous epic rides on the remedy. The new trail bike rode flawlessly. Nothing to complain about, many praises for the dually. The fork and rear shock provided a plush ride and took some abuse with some big drops and a couple hucks...I hate hucks btw, but when riding with Roger and Barry hucks are mandatory.
After Barry went home for some family time Roger and I met up with Tom, Mary, Jim, Skip, Lou, and Matt for another loop around the new trails at B+T's. Pretty stellar group if 8 people can ride those trails with out a trail side technical or flat. Although when examining my bike for damage this morning I did have a rear flat...at 23 degree yesterday what temp does stan's sealant freeze?

8 comments:

van den kombs said...

5 hours and no food..
you must have been hungry once you got home !...may the remedy have many more epic adventures to come.

jeff said...

i rode for 90mins yesterday and was cooked... good to hear you're out there rockin' the trails...

rick is! said...

I've been out with stans well below zero and didn't get any flats. Not sure what would have happened if I got a puncture though.

Andy, R&D said...

There's a difference between a drop, a launch, and a huck.
I do the occasional huck but my it's least favorite source of adrenaline, but the line sometimes looks more appealing when surrounded by a group of like-minded individuals.

wraith said...

Is the "HUCK" the one that begins with the thousand yard stare or The feeling that you have to pee but your bladder is empty? I always get them mixed up.

wraith said...

I see... Being smart enough to be nervous, hence the piss sensation. Or dumbing yourself down so you don't care.

Andy, R&D said...

ah, I see that I've found the like-minded individuals I spoke of earlier.

I think we are just a bunch of fear junkies looking to piss our selfs.

Bill said...

I usually fill my bladder with beer shortly after having a feeling like that.....