Friday, February 16, 2007

February to me

It's cold and icy,
and the riding is dicey.
We long for tropical vacations-
but they're so damn pricey!

when temperatures rose the snow went fizzle -
instead of fluffy white powder we got all drizzle.
I had to clear the ice with a cold chisel.

The night before it froze solid as steel,
I was using my snow blower when it let out a squeal!
The sound not good, the situation less than ideal...

I quickly reached for the throttle,
but it was though I'd uncorked a Champagne bottle,
oil spewed from the machine,
like Kenny D when he ruptured his spleen.

now I got no blower, snow removal will be much slower.
alas, I didn't break my windshield glass!


5 comments:

wraith said...

didn't know you were a poet.

John Hurley said...

I guess that's what happens when the snows got you stuck off the bike.

van den kombs said...

who is kenny d ? hopefully he is doing better than your snowblower...


Finally put studded tires on cross bike and venured out along road and bike path. Most ice was in my driveway, it's like a glacier.

Andy, R&D said...

anybody and anything is doing better than my snowblower.

studs!

Anonymous said...

thank god it ain't your job
to be a poet, esp. in winter
or else you'd freeze to death
better stick to fixing printers!

juuuuuuuuuust kidding, i loved your poem!