Monday, September 17, 2007

Missouri was friendly to my neighbors

The tour of Missouri was kind to Jesse and Tim
but more like the tour of Misery for Huff

Brad Huffs bike (Slipstream-Chipotle) was determined to get to the finish line with or without him
Tim Johnson (Healthnet) comes to the front to help bring back the break
Jesse Anthony Kodak/Sierra Nevada comes to help teammate Dominic Rollin with the 3rd place

Fourth placed overall Dominque Rollin (Kodak Gallery-Sierra Nevada) and third placed David Cañada (Saunier Duval-Prodir) only one second ahead. After Rollin won the first intermediate sprint just ahead of Cañada, it was down to the finish sprint. "With one kilometre to go I had two team-mates left with me and I jumped at a good moment," said Rollin. "They did an amazing job to keep me up there. Jesse [Anthony] dropped me off with 300 metres to go and it may have been a little too soon but it worked out perfect. I am happy with my accomplishment here."

No comments: