Friday, July 13, 2007

Day thirteen...Help!

Keep telling myself, it gets worse before it gets better.
Looking, and feeling like we're taking two steps back in order to take one step forward but we're fairly comfortable with progress thus far. I must admit I felt like Tom Hanks in the movie The Money Pit as Lesli and I layed a new sub floor last evening. In a small victory, I didn't fall through the joists to the basement.
I thought for the walls were going to come crumbing down and we'd be forced to take a match to our humble ranch house. "No lieutenant, I have no clue what started the blaze??" "What happened to our kitchen floor...?" "Ahh.. My dog Gus chews wood sir..?"
Thanks Daren for your construction expertise. I made a tech support call to him yesterday from the lumber isle at Home Depot with some ridiculous plywood question. Brad has also been a source of key information but I liked George's advise from yesterday, "go heavy on the construction adhesive!"
Gravity sucks sometimes, my bike room is a mess.

The girl sure can work a saw! Norm Abrums wouldn't be so happy with no eye protection and flip-flops on the job site though.. Blue board next. Update tomorrow.
found a 1957 penny face up in the wall..considering this good luck!
Lesli thought it would be appropriate to leave two 2007 pennies (one Canadian, one U.S.) in the wall alongside our found lucky jewel.

No comments: